Melissa Jane Armstrong
Born in New Zealand, Melissa moved to Australia in 1990 to train at the Australian Ballet School and has stayed in Australia ever since. She now lives in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW with her partner Katie and their new baby boy. In the last few years Melissa has worked in Australian theatre (both as an actress and a producer), featured in television commercials, and gained roles in both television and film. She has a Diploma of Theatre Performance from Sydney Theatre School and has also trained at the Actors Centre, Screenwise, and TAFTA.
Recent career highlights include:
- a challenging lead role in a TV Pilot called ‘Social Profiling’
- a guest role on Network Seven’s Home & Away
- a lead role in a very emotionally charged short film Sally, written and directed by Matthew Sabo
- the role of Geraldine Willesee in the production of I, Spry, written and directed by Peter Butt (Blackwattle Films) for the ABC
- lead role in short film 307, written and directed by Stuart Willis, which was selected for the 2010 Dungog film festival